Mastisol is a liquid medical adhesive used to secure dressings, tapes, and certain medical devices over an extended period of time.
Use of Mastisol offers the following benefits:
- Reduced likelihood of dressing displacement and device dislodgement⁴
- Minimized risk of device-related infection by creating a lasting occlusive barrier.⁵
- Improved nurse efficiency with reduced time associated with unplanned dressing changes.⁸
- Versatility to improve the adhesive power of a variety of adhesive tapes, dressings and, devices.³
- Compatible with chlorahexidine gluconate (CHG)⁷
- Low risk of adverse reactions and latex-free⁴